Saturday, June 28, 2014

Alphabet nail art challenge - Letter I

One of my favorite nail designs is the Ikat pattern. So, the choice for the theme was very easy this time - Ikat nails.




I used two beautiful polishes, Barry M. Emerald Green No.284 a lush, verdant, rich color with tons of metallic shimmer. I know that Emerald Green was the Pantone color of 2013, but I still love it and use it any time I can! It took about two coats but this polish is totally opaque in one coat and the formula is really lovely - great application with hardly any mess.



The second polish I used as an accent for this design is Catrice Yellow Sub-Mandarin which is a yellow-orange polish with a slight shimmer. The white and the black are acrylic colors, which I applied with a thin brush. I finished my work with the Golden Rose gel look top coat.








I enjoyed to wear this mani, somebody asked me if I am a professional nail artist seeing this design on my nails, her words were hunny to my soul! I love how this combination turned out and I am going to try other ones too very soon!

I am very curious if some other participant to this challenge used the same theme, so I am going to check their blogs. Do it too, you won't regret it.
  1. Mădălina - http://misshappyandhernails.blogspot.ro
  2. Oana - http://unghiutele.blogspot.ro
  3. Ella - http://beauty-corner-for-women.blogspot.ro
  4. Andreea - www.dittanail.blogspot.ro
  5. Ana's Beauty Blog - http://ana-s-beautyblog.blogspot.ro
  6. Andra (Sophie) - http://sophiesnailartdreamland.blogspot.ro
  7. Andra Katerina- www.andrakat.wordpress.com
  8. Madalina - http://frumusetelapretmic.blogspot.ro/
  9. Rita - http://addictedofbutterflies.wordpress.com/
  10. Teo - http://taitzel-make-up.blogspot.ro/
  11. Oana - http://wanna-nails.blogspot.com/
 Nu uitati sa participati la giveaway aici


39 comments:

  1. Wooow. Intotdeauna mi-au placut manichiurile astea...si nu am stiu niciodata cum se numesc :"> . Astazi am mai invatat ceva :*
    Imi place foarte mult cum a iesit, combinatia de culori e excelenta si ai realizat o manichiura oerfecta :D
    Te superi daca Iti copiez modelul?:)
    (nu pentru tema "I" :* )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ma bucur mult ca iti place atat de mult acest model. Este si modelul meu preferat dintre toate.
      Poti linistita sa o recreezi, idea nu imi apartine eu doar am ales culorile si am pictat! :)

      Delete
  2. Incantatoare! Ai combinat super culorile!
    Sa nu mai zic de modelul Ikat care imediat atrage priviri.
    Pozele cu manichiura sunt foarte frumoase! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iti multumesc din suflet, apreciez fiecare cuvintel din partea ta!

      Delete
  3. This is so pretty .....I love it..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Puja, I am glad that you like it!

      Delete
  4. Hi Andrea!
    Beautiful design and the colors that you choose. Loved it! ♥
    Kisses my dear, have a wonderful weekend!

    GLOW BEAUTY BLOG

    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I am very happy that you like this combination!

      Delete
  5. Foarte frumoase Andrea,chiar ma gandeam daca o sa faca cineva Ikat,<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ma bucur ca iti place Oana. Eu abia asteptam sa ajungem la litera I, stiam ca o sa aleg aceasta tema, este modelul meu preferat dintre toate!

      Delete
    2. Chiar doream sa mentionez ca Oana imi recomanda o manichiura Ikat ca fiind potrivita pentru maioul cu aplicatii din margele, de la Kurtmann. Numai ca... ar trebui sa faca altcineva pentru mine aceasta minune! :)

      E suuuper manichiura ta, Andrea! Am toto revenit asupra pozelor, admirand-o!
      Pupicei!
      Ilda
      Lavender Thoughts

      Delete
  6. Chiar eram pe punctul să aleg și eu ikat, că n-am făcut niciodată. Data viitoare!
    Ție ți-au ieșit superbe, combinația cromatică e atât de plăcută, iar pozele tale sunt întotdeauna geniale!
    Pupici :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vai, iti multumesc din suflet pentru aprecieri. Ma bucur mult ca iti plac fotografiile!
      Manichiura ta cu inghetata este adorabila si una foarte reusita, ikat-ul poti sa o faci oricand, chiar sunt foarte curioasa ce combinatie de culori vei alege!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful manicure! I love the colour combination and the retro effect it creates.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! I haven't tried ikat nails myself bit I really should because they look like fun! The green polish looks very pretty too! And congratulations on winning the giveaway from Marine Loves Polish! When I saw your name announced I found it very fun because I know you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it Robin, it is very easy to make and the effect is very eye catching every time!
      Thank you very much for everything!

      Delete
  9. love it! arata mega grozav! superba alegerea de culori

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice manicure and nice combination of colours! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I am glad that you like it!

      Delete
  11. I love this pattern and the color combination you picked works great

    ReplyDelete
  12. Arata excelent!
    De foarte mult timp imi doresc sa incerc si eu acest gen de manichiura. Mi se pare opera de arta. :D
    Pupici

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ei, nu este opera de arta, este foarte usor de creat si efectul final intodeauna atrage atentia!
      Ma bucur mult ca iti place!

      Delete
  13. Superba manichiura ta.Este un model pe care eu nu l-am incercat niciodata dar vazand opera ta de arta ma tenteaza ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cristina sunt foarte curioasa cum va arata a ta daca o incerci!

      Delete
  14. Foarte frumos arata si imi place mult combinatia de culori ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing nails art!!!!
    Ciao bellissima! Happy monday!!!
    http://expressyourselfbypaolalauretano.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow!!
    questa è arte!
    www.agoprime.it

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful design and the colors that you choose. Loved it!

    www.charmynail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it! It reminds me og Brazil and the World Cup.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing Manicure! Love the Pattern and wonderful Colours :)

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  20. your head is full of ideas for alphabet letters :D i wouldn't think about this pattern! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous.... i never did this pattern bt ths looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the color combo, looks very tropical and it would be a nice world cup nails too, fitting for Brazil ^.^
    Never done the Ikat patterns before though, they look like they were fun to create :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ador combinatia de culori folosite pentru acest model, se vede super

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...