Thursday, May 7, 2015

Born Pretty Store product reviews

Many of you saw that recently I received from the Born Pretty Store some products for review. I asked what would you like to see first and the most of you were curious about the nail art fountain pens. This is why today I am going to show you  what this interesting product can do.



I was very curious myself, because besides brushes I never used anything for detailed nail art. 

The fountain pen kit contains: 5 different sized nail painting fountain pen nibs and 1 fountain pen holder. 

When I was a child I used these kind of pens for writing my homework for school, I never thought that someday I am going to hold again such kind of product in my hand.





As you can see in the pictures the pens are different sized. On the back of the package there is some Chinese text that I couldn't understand but I think that the most thicker pen, called G Pen, is perfect for outline drawing, the next three one is great to draw all kind of patterns and the smallest one is perfect for subtle, fine lines.



I made different kind of designs and I have to tell you that this pen is very practical when it comes to small details, but it scratches a little bit the surface of the painted nail, when it is not dipped well in the special ink. It is important that before starting to draw on the nails, the base color should be completely dry!


The one in the middle scratches the most.




I made a nail art with  Ciate polishes from the Nail Taxi Collection that were sent to me from the talented Tina, the owner of the blog tina_tech. If you don't know her work, just check her blog. 

I absolutely love the gray polish - Chinchilla and the glitter polish is Ciate - London Baby.

Together with this set of fountain pens I received a very pigmented black nail painting ink, that is water based, so it is not needed to mix it with water before use. The ink bottle is practical, the dosage can be controlled very well and easy because of the pointy plastic head of it.





All in all, it was a great experience to use these products. For me it is a great innovation in nail art and those of you who like to draw on nails or on paper too, this kit can facilitate your job.

If you like the fountain pen set, you can find it here and the different colored ink, specially made for this kit, here. For any kind of purchase from the Born Pretty Store, your welcome to use my discount code from bellow. 

38 comments:

  1. I didn't think you were old enough to have used a fountain pen, I also used them pretty much during all my years in school :)
    It's a fun idea, but I still think I prefer my brushes, and they probably also can be used with the ink...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!
    In primul rand vreau sa te felicit pentru reviewul foarte detaliat. Ai răspuns la toate întrebările pe care as fi putut sa le pun.
    În al doilea rând, WOW! :))) Am mai văzut pe net fete folosind stiloul pentru nail art dar nu i.am dat mare importanță, în.schimb, acum îl vreau și eu!
    Mi se pare un instrument foarte util.
    Abia aștept sa mai vad manichiuri făcute de tine.
    Pupici

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ce tare! Mi-ar trebui si mie un astfel de stilou. Cred ca as lucra mult mai bine cu el.
    Frumos review! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now i follow you on bloglovin,pinterest,tweeter and instagram i hope you follow me back!!kiss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ce idee ingenioasa.
    Mi-ar placea sa ma joc putin cu aceaste instrumente. ;))
    Imi place foarte mult si modul in care le-ai folosit. <3
    Pupici

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful design! This is a very helpful review since I've been wanting to get this product for myself, as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lived all my childhood in communism. That period of time was hard for my parents to buy modern pens, so fountain pen was the easiest to find in the stores. I remember that I was all the time covered with ink from head to toe :))
    I prefer too brushes more, but this is a great alternative and I enjoyed to work with it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Multumesc draga Andrea pentru aprecieri. Pentru mine oricum pensula va ramane obiectul preferat pentru a crea nail art, dar chiar a fost interesant sa lucrez cu penita! Mi-a trezit amintiri din copilarie :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Este un produs interesant si nu as fi crezut ca as putea lucra cu ea pe unghii.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for following my blog, I already did it because I like your style :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Multumesc. Este chiar un produs ingenios. Mi-a placut mult sa lucrez cu ea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sunt sigura ca o sa-ti placa si tie foarte mult. Anumite detalii sunt greu de creat cu pensula si atunci acest instrument este bine venit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is truly art, Andrea. Love what you did, it's beautiful. I am with you, the gray nail polish is divine. I need to get me some new gray shades tomorrow :)
    kisses
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  14. cat de frumos ies modelele!! dar este nevoie si de talent, eu n-as avea ce face cu el :))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh, I see. In my childhood fountain pens was considered to be "fine", and all written school jobs for tests etc. had to be written with Fountain pens LOL
    Yeah, they were messy LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super peodus,unghiutzeleee super cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. B-Andreia DanielaMay 7, 2015 at 10:33 PM

    ce chestie interesanta...la cat mai multa inspiratie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would never be able to use these pens, I am such a mess when it comes to drawing! You are a real artist instead!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an amazing post! I must live under a rock or something because I didn't even know this existed! I love your demonstrations, you make it look like they are really easy to use! Your cute nails are adorable :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing technique! I did not know this existed, you've done such a great review! I suppose the steady hand and the talent for drawing like yours doesn't come with the kit :P LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. Interesting post! :)
    I have never used something like this on my nails.

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow, I saw some like this for the first time

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stephanie LovestruckLacquerMay 12, 2015 at 6:59 AM

    i've never seen a pen like this for nail art! i really like the design you made with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for the kind words. I am glad that you like my nail art. This pen is a great innovation in nail art indeed. I didn't know about it either!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes, I was amazed to when I saw that something like this exists for nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Neither did I. This was the first time, and I enjoyed it a lot! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Nati your extremely kind, thank you! This kit was new to me too, but I am glad that I tried it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you very much! It is easy to use, in my opinion much easier than a brush. I don't know if I going to use it more often than my beloved nail art brushes, but sometimes such an alternative is welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you sweaty, your to kind. Practice makes the difference in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Da, este o inovatie in nail art dupa parerea mea! Mersi.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Este un produs foarte interesant si chiar mi-a placut sa o utilizez. Sunt sigura ca si tu ai putea sa o utilizez pentru ca esti talentata!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Maybe you will show us too your nail polish purchase! Thank you for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...