Saturday, March 21, 2015

Nail Team Challenge - Water decals

I can not believe how time flies. We arrived at challenge day number 11 and this time we have a very easy theme by Deyutza, water decals. I've had some untried decals that I've won from the Born Pretty Store last year and this was the opportunity to bring it out to the light.

I've used a wonderful pink polish from Golden Rose Matte Nail Lacquer #01 to cheer up this manicure. And because the decals were not enough for both hands, my right hand was painted just with this fantastic color.
And here are the pretty flower decals that are perfect for this period of time. These decals are quite interesting ones because they have a sticky surface and instead of dipping the decal in water to remove the film, this alternative involves sponging the decal over the nails. Hard to describe the process, but I will try it.

As you can see in the picture below the decal is very small, it's not enough to cover 10 nails. These are OK for accent nails.
I painted a white base for the decals and after drying I place the cut out decal on the nail with the stick side facing down. This ensured the decal to sit in place, but if the placement is not the right one you can still lift and adjust it as you wish. On one of my nails the polish was not totally dry and I messed up the base, so watch out for this detail if you use such kind of decals. 

I used a wet brush that I dabbed over the white backing of the decal until the pattern completely loosened from the paper. I finished it with a clear top coat, before I added a few glitter details.



I have to mention that I prefer to use the usual water decals, not the sticky ones, but I've enjoyed to experiment with these ones too. You can find these sticker decals here. If you purchase something from this site, you're welcome to use my below seen discount code. 


Let's see what kind of interesting decals the other girls from the group have on their nails:
  1.  Deyutzahttp://deyutza87.blogspot.ro/
  2. Oana - http://unghiutele.blogspot.ro
  3. Andra Kat- http://andrakat.wordpress.com
  4. Andreea M - www.dittanail.blogspot.ro 
  5. Madalinahttp://frumusetelapretmic.blogspot.ro/
  6. Andrea - http://andicolouryourlife.blogspot.ro/
  7. Mădălina - http://misshappyandhernails.blogspot.ro/
  8. Ella - www.ella-beautycorner.com
  9. Alina- www.venuschic.com
  10. Andra (pink bijoux) - http://withlovebijoux.blogspot.ro/
  11. Mihaela - http://elasdreams.blogspot.ro/
  12. Teo - www.taitzel.com

77 comments:

  1. It's amazing how you recreated the design! I've never tried any matte nail polish but I should. It looks great.

    www.LUXESSED.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arata deosebit! ♥
    Imi plac mult si nuantele alese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. superbe unghiutele!! <3
    nu mi plac deloc sticky decals ... am si eu cateva modele, si doar o data mi-a iesit modelul. doar sa ma dau cu oja seara..si dimineata sa aplic decals-urile..sa fiu sigura ca s a uscat super bine oja si nu stric tot :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Foarte frumos arata,si oja aceea mata GR...e superba <3,pupicei

    ReplyDelete
  5. Manichiura arata superb!
    Culorile mi se pare ca merg perfect impreuna!

    (sa inteleg ca se aplica la fel ca tatuajele alea vechi din gumele de mestecat?)
    Pupici

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Decals are really tiny but so cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love water decals and these are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ce frumoase sunt! Ai primavara pe unghiute :*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loooove the pink matte polish you used, such a gorgeous colour. These decals look really nice too! I especially love your middle finger with part of the decal :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sper sa nu se supere fetele..dar unghiutele tale sunt preferatele mele..adorabile!!! te pup!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sunt foarte elegante si frumoase!!Pup.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow ce fain arata <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesantate aceste stickere dar cred ca totusi prefer watter decall-urile, manichiura e superba si rezulatul extraordinar, te pup

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely nails! <3 And I fell in love with the pictures. these must be the some of the most beautiful nail art pictures I've ever seen! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the color of the polish and the nail art! Perfect, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks fantastic! I love your mani, and I think this decal works just as fine even if it involves a different technique!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow de jól néz ki! Most láttam van több fajta is... olyan mint egy tökéletes nyomdázás! :))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cât de drăguță și girly e! Îmi place foarte mult manichiura, iar oja GR e super frumoasă!
    Pupici

    ReplyDelete
  19. Doamne, e atat de frumoasa si finuta manichiura ta! <3
    Si amandoua am folosit oja matte de la Golden Rose pentru aceasta colaborare! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this design! It's amazing. Maybe I should use my water decals too...

    ReplyDelete
  21. This manicure is sooooo lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Esmeralda EvangelistaMarch 23, 2015 at 12:54 PM

    wonderful manicure. Love this design!

    Kiss

    Don't Call Me
    Fashion Blogger


    Facebook

    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so perfect for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So chic, perfect for spring!!!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes, I agree. I am glad that you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you very much, coming from such a talented artist like you, means extremely lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yes, you should :) I was against decals first but than I realized that if I need a quick mani decals are the best for it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ma bucur ca iti place manichiura mea. Mare lucru nu am facut, doar multumita decalului arata astfel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Multumesc. Da, oja GR, o am de multa vreme si imi place extrem de mult. Mie mila sa o arunc :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you very much dear, your very kind!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Igen, több mintát lehet kapni a BPS oldalán, de öszintén a ragacsos oldala miatt nem szeretem annyira használni. A klasszikus water decal mégis jobb.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you very much, your super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you very much my friend. Yes, I agree the GR polish is a very pretty one!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Vai, iti multumesc din suflet pentru complimente, apreciez cuvintele tale!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Multumesc. Da, sunt de acord cu tine, varianta clasica este mult mai usor de utilizat!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Vai Teo, te pup, esti o draguta. Ma bucur mult de tot ca iti place acest model!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you very much dear for the kind words. Well, the half image was a must because this decal is so small and I had to come up with an idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I was against decals, but now I like to use them too!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Yes, they are unfortunately very small. They are not enough for 10 nails.:(

    ReplyDelete
  40. Iti multumec mult, ma bucur ca iti place.
    Da, exact la fel se aplica, doar diferenta intre tatuaje si aceste decaluri sunt ca au o suprafata lipicioasa si o data puse pe unghii se lipesc. Dat fiind faptul ca decalurile sunt pe un carton alb, destul de gros, nu se poate observa daca sunt bine pozitionate pe suprafata unghiei. O data aplicata pe carton apa, imaginea se lipeste in totalitate pe unghie si nu se mai poate misca, ca si la decalul obisnuit. Na, este greu de explicat, sper ca ai inteles si iti poti imagina cum functioneaza.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Multumesc mult. Da, oja roz este extrem de frumoasa!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Da, aceste decaluri chiar au fost interesante, dar sincer sa fiu nu o sa mai cumpar!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Am inteles! Multumesc mult pentru detalii :*

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow very pretty!!!
    Have a good week, dear friend!!! my g+ for you!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love the Flormar you used as a base and the final manicure too! It's just perfect for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Ohhh what a gorgeous color and I love the matte finish! Too bad Golden Rose isn't available anymore in Germany :(
    The decals look very lovely too and the whole mani just makes me looking forward to spring even more!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thank you for the kind words. I am happy that you like this mani and that it brings up spring spirits in you!

    ReplyDelete
  48. It is Golden Rose :) I am glad that you like it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love decals. They're so thin and look so pretty on the nails! Your mani is cute and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Oja Golden Rose e superba, o caut si eu maine. Tare bine arata! ♡

    www.lorenamarchis.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Oja o am de vreo 2-3 ani, dar cred ca se mai gaseste aceasta nuanta!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thank you. These sticky decals are not quite my favorite ones, but it was interesting to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  53. cat de deosebit e modelul realizat de tine ♥

    ReplyDelete
  54. wow wow wow this design looks amazing. I really like the decal

    ReplyDelete
  55. Thank you. Yes, the decals are very pretty indeed!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...