Thursday, August 14, 2014

Red cabbage tart

Before I went on my holiday I browsed Pinterest a little bit for healthy recipes and I found this one, with red cabbage.(www.mimithorisson.com). It is very easy to make and we have to keep in mind that red cabbage has 10 times more vitamin A and twice as much iron as green cabbage!

Ingredients:
1 whole wheat pastry
3/4 head red cabbage (shredded)
2 red onions (sliced)
1 tbsp thyme
2 tbsp vinegar
Handful of walnuts
Butter 
Salt and pepper to taste
Sour cream to serve


For the tart I used whole wheat and made it with my bread maker. I added some flax seeds to have a meal fool with omega-3 fatty acid content!


In a large pan, I melted the butter and frayed the red onions for about 5 minutes. After that I added the shredded red cabbage and continue frying for 5 more minutes, adding salt, thyme and pepper. I finished it with the 2 tbsp vinegar, reduced for 2 minutes. Set aside and prepare the tart.




Preheat your oven 180°C.
Line the tart dish with the pastry. Add the cabbage mixture, place the walnuts all over the tart and bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown.



Serve it with sour cream and if you like you can add parsley on it!





It doesn't need much time to prepare it and you have a healthy and delicious meal! Enjoy it if you make it!

6 comments:

  1. Arata delicios!
    Super, te felicit! :)
    Pupici

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so amazing; I am intrigued to know what it tastes like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Draga Andrea,
    Arata bine si daca nu ma insel, am si gustat-o si mi-a placut mult!
    Faptul ca e si sanatoasa si aduce un aport de vitamina A si fier, este un bonus.
    Te pup si mi-e dor de tine! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...